Principles of Confession and Faith.
C. Alan Martin
Copyright 2011 Low Tide Press
Principles of Confession
1. All faith is of the heart (or spirit). Mark 11:23, Romans 10:9-10
2. Faith comes into the spirit by revelation, that is, by God speaking the elements of faith into our spirits. Romans 10:17
3. Therefore all faith is from God and will only operate from that pool of spiritual knowledge He has imparted to us. 1 Thessalonians 2:13
4. If God has not imparted the elements of faith necessary to accomplish a thing, then a man will not believe for them. Mark 11:23, Romans 10:9-10
5. Confession of your faith is confession from the spirit where faith exists. Romans 10:10
6. Confession from the mind gets nothing but words drifting around in the air. You confession must be from the spirit, and free from doubt. Mark 11:23
7. Some things are genuinely outside the will of God for us to have. He will never speak these things into our spirits. You cannot create 5 wives, a green moon, a machine gun, or a pound of cocaine. Since you will never be able to believe for these things, you will never be able to confess for them out of a belief that does not exist. Ephesians 1:4, Ephesians 2:10, Matthew 7:17-18
8. Some things are outside of the nature of your reborn spirit to believe for. You can never believe for adultery, drunkenness, or witchcraft powers. These things are sin and your spirit is incapable of conceiving sin. If your reborn spirit cannot conceive for sin then it cannot believe for sin.
Confession means "to say the same thing" or "affirm with your mouth" that which you believe in your heart.
24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.
This verse says that when we pray, we are to believe that we have received the thing we ask for. If confession is the affirmation of what you believe, and you if you believe that you have received healing. then what who your confession be?
"I have received healing."
It really is not a matter of stating conditions or symptoms. It is purely a matter of siding with what Jesus said. He said that faith means to believe you receive the instant you ask.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
While this verse is talking about the salvation of the soul. the principle is there. Faith occurs in two parts:
1. with the heart a man believes unto "whatever" and
2. confession is made unto the "realization” of whatever.
It is a matter of walking in the spirit. You can speak your heart believe, or relate you physical symptoms.
- Christianity is first and foremost a confession.
- Confession Principles
- How Faith Comes
- Do you believe?
- Doctrine verses Faith
- The Issue with Confession from You Mind
- Negative Belief and Confession
- The Logosystem
- The Logosystems of Demons
- Spirit and Soul
- Hold Fast to the Confession of Your Faith
- Is Faith Belief in what is Seen?
- Faith and Confession to Overcome Sin
- Confession and the Operation of the Prophetic
- Final Thoughts and Musings